Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Where am I?

I'm back from Ireland with an aggravated hamstring injury for starters. I tried to run this morning, but was slowed considerably by it, and it's been bugging me all day just sitting at my desk. Not sure what to do about it, but I'll hang in there and maybe just up the swimming to work on keeping the aerobic fitness up.

In Ireland, I learned that I am able to cover the cycling distance for the triathlon. I also learned that hills are hard! The nice thing is that I covered the 55 miles last Monday with big heavy panniers on my bike, and not really in an aero position. The bad thing is that it was spread out over the whole day. The next step is to work on efficiency and pace, so that I can fly through the 56 mile bike leg!

Swimming had to be on the back burner since there really was no way to swim over there. I'm going to step it back up this week and try to get in the pool at least twice. I'm trying to exercise in the mornings in general, so will be hitting the pool on the mornings I'm not running. Cycling will stay in the afternoons for now, just because that works better for me for the time being. Maybe once I move, I'll shift things around, particularly if I have better (i.e., less trafficy) places to ride.

As far as fundraising goes, I've hit my goal of $2300! My Body Shop party and one more donation put me over the top. I decided to bump my goal up to $2800 to see if I can beat it by $500. I know a few coworkers that still intended to give a bit. Plus, I could always hold another party and get a couple hundred more bucks! The ladies love their bath-y stuffs!

There have been rumblings that my social life has been taking me away from my training a bit. While that is only partly true (my laziness has definitely played a role, too), it needs to be addressed. I've adjusted my training schedule to be more compatible with my social calendar, which is definitely a start. Working out in the mornings should also be helpful. I just need to get into the habit of getting up by 5 to get my workout in. I cheated and didn't get up until 5:30 this morning, but it was a start!