Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Muddy Buddy

Sunday morning, Heath and I did the Muddy Buddy, which is a very unique race. Teams of two (competing against other teams with summed ages in the same range - we were 61), trade off biking and running from obstacle to obstacle across a farm and through some woods. It's capped off with a crawl through a big mud pit at the end - super gross. I didn't have a good breakfast (not unlike my race last weekend when I was sick-ish) and thus felt weak throughout. Grr. Heath did great, running fast and getting done with each leg so fast that he was waiting for me to catch up every time.

I did manage to rock the obstacles, which included a short climbing wall, ranger ladder thingy, cargo rope climb up a big inflatable slide, and a balance beam run. I started off running, while Heath was on the bike, then at the first obstacle, you switch, and so on. It was getting pretty hot by the end of the race, so the mud pit felt pretty good. My performance was sub-par, which was frustrating, but I vow to be a stronger teammate next year!

I'll link to or post pictures when they are available!