Friday, June 01, 2007

Bike Storage

I'm going to need to seriously address the bike storage issue when I move. Currently, I'm able to keep the bike hanging on my wall in the dining room (classy, I know) or on a stand in the office. In my new place, however, it is unlikely that the bike will be able to just be "out." There is evidently a street level bike room in the building, but I didn't remember to ask to see it when looking at the new apartment. There is also ample storage downstairs in the laundry room and possibly enough room in our storage unit, but we'll have to see. Ideally the bike would be part of an elaborate shrine-like display somewhere in the center of the apartment - hah! Seriously, hanging it from a hook somewhere out of the way would be nice so that it is safe in my abode with me, but the aesthetics of the apartment and keeping peace is much more important to me. I'm going to limit myself to my good road bike for the time being (plus the mountain bike that Heath is using for Muddy Buddy), so it's not like I'll need to go so far as to get the Delta Cezanne storage unit below (though maybe someday - gotta admit that is a pretty slick setup!).