Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Been Awhile

Yeah, so I've obviously neglected this blog for quite some time. Partly a function of being busy, mostly a function of being lazy.

I've run a few races - Shamrock Shuffle with Heath in March, a 5K in Glenview in June (which I PR'd and PLACED in my age group - how crazy is that?!), and another 5K in Grandville over 4th of July weekend. I made it through the Galena triathlon, which I blogged about on my other blog, but of course, not here on my TRIATHLON blog. Yeah. I also did the Quad Cities triathlon again, which was a lot of fun and very muddy. I beat my time from last year by quite a bit, but am still pretty slow.

That is because I don't train enough. Yep. I admit it. I could probably be pretty decent if I actually put effort in. I have a race this weekend (Tri'ing for Children's) in Wisconsin, that I'm horribly undertrained for. Then I have Chicago a mere 4 weeks later. I've been trying to run more, but have to be careful to not injure myself by doing too much too fast. I have also signed up for a swim clinic, in which I shall learn excellent form and technique. That, should, in time make me a faster swimmer. I have the 2nd session of 6 tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I got accepted into Kellogg, and if I end up going there, I could potentially join the triathlon club. It would be cool to have people to train and race with, and I'm so shy/lazy that it's hard for me to get out there and find it on my own.

Anyway, I'm going to try to be better about posting on here. I really do enjoy tri's and need to see about pushing myself to improve.