Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Cycling training has begun. I have had my new bike a few months and haven't really gotten into riding. Now, with the snow, riding outdoors is sketchy at best. (Though with the recent thaw, I could get back outside perhaps this weekend.) I did find a series of time trial races that I am 90% sure I'm going to participate in. It's the ABD Indoor Time Trial Series, and is fairly local. There are five races in the series, including 4 10K indoor races on trainers and one outdoor 10 Mile Time Trial. I figure since I've never raced before, the shorter races would be a good place to start. Hopefully I won't be too intimidated.

I'm also in the process of developing my race calendar and training plan for next year. I've never really done this before, so it should be interesting!