Friday, December 29, 2006

I was in a bit of a funk as far as working out around the holidays. I did get a bit of exercise in, so I wasn't a complete lump, but I definitely slacked too much. I decided the only way to really get my butt back in gear was to fork over a few registration fees. So I did. I signed up for the ABD Indoor Time Trial Series. The first race is in 9 days, so that should get me motivated! I hope to do alright, mainly want to avoid making a total fool of myself over there, but we'll see! I need to be stepping outside of my comfort zone a bit, otherwise I'll never do anything, I'll just sit around wondering how I might've done. Not a very good way to live life! I've been doing a bit of cycling on my trainer and been trying to keep up on the spinning classes at the gym, but I'll be stepping up the training throughout the series and will hopefully be able to see decent improvement over time.

The Time Trial Series consists of five races:
1/1/07 -- 10K Flat TT (Indoor, 8-Up)
1/28/07 -- 10K Rolling TT (Indoor, 8-Up)
2/18/07 -- 10K Flat TT (Indoor, 8-Up)
3/4/07 -- 10K Rolling TT (Indoor, 8-Up)
4/1/07 -- 10 Mile TT at Maple Park

I also signed up for the 2007 New Year's Day Fun Run in Chicago. Decided it would be a good way to kick off the year on the right foot. It doesn't start till 11, so I'll have plenty of time to get into the city. I may also jump in Lake Michigan with the Chicago Polar Bears Club, but we'll see if I'm that brave! Definitely would be something to brag/talk about! I'll try to remember my camera if I do go through with it.