Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Had my first race of the year yesterday, the New Year's Day 5K Fun Run/Walk in Lincoln Park in Chicago. I've been slacking on my running so it was a good way to kick off the new year. Don't have my official time yet, but it was slooooow. Partly because the paths were narrow and it was a big pack, partly because I was tired from being up late the night before, but mostly because I'm slow.

After the race, my friend and I wandered over to North Avenue Beach where we joined the Polar Bear Club for a quick dip in Lake Michigan. Yes, it was cold, especially since the wind really seemed to pick up as we were walking over there. After getting out of the water, my legs were numb and my feet were shaking as I tried to get dressed. Fortunately the weather was quite mild compared to what January in Chicago can be.

Going to sit down tonight and plan out specific workouts for the next four or so weeks. I've been putting it off and been busy, but it's got to get done now.