Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me! Today is my birthday and I decided to mark it by signing up for something substantial. I sent in my registration forms for Team in Training. I am going to do the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 (Half Ironman Distance) Triathlon on August 4th, 2007. This is way farther than I've ever gone, but I want to do something big. My goal is to just finish the distance. It's scary to think about covering 70.3 miles, but with the support of the coaches, teammates, mentors, and the motivation of knowing I am raising money for a good cause, I'm sure I can do it. For anybody not sure, Team in Training (TNT) is the world's largest endurance sports training program. I will be doing some fundraising in the next few months, which will include putting together a website specifically for that purpose. 75% of everything I raise will go directly to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I will be documenting my experience of training, fundraising, etc on this blog and will provide links to my TNT website as soon as I get it up and running (no pun intended har har).