Monday, January 08, 2007

Indoor Time Trial #1 was yesterday. There were computer problems, but my section got underway at around noon. About two miles in, I thought I would die and wasn't sure if I could make it. My legs were feeling heavy all morning and I was just having an "off" day all around. I managed to push it though and refused to let my speed drop below 18. There was another girl in the heat that I wasn't far behind, but hard as I tried, I just couldn't quite catch her! She stayed approx .2 mph faster than me the whole time, grrr! Anyway, I definitely gave it my full effort, which I am proud of. I ended up getting 4th place out of 8 in the Women's Cat-4 with a time of 19:16:24 (average speed = 19.3 mph). I'm happy with that, especially since it was my first race ever. It definitely motivates me to improve for next time. I'm happy I was able to be in the middle of the pack as opposed to at the rear end. :P