Monday, January 29, 2007

Indoor Time Trial #2 was yesterday. My heat was me + seven guys, ugh! I have my warmup routine down for these, now, which helped immensely. I was very happy with my performance, 19:15.26, which put me at 19.3 mph again and in 4th place out of 10 in Women's Cat-4. Even though I got the same time (essentially) and the same speed, it was a vast improvement. This was a hilly course (course profile below), and so was considerably harder than the flat course from last time. I compared some of the other girls' times and just about all of them did worse by approx a minute on this course as compared to last time. So I must've improved a bit, which is surprising since I haven't been training ALL that much. I think my pared down warmup (only 15 min) and having my ipod working helped a lot. I managed to beat the guy to my right, and was hoping I could catch the guy to my left, but the computer thingy he was on pooped out about 2/3 of the way thru. I would've been PISSED! Overall, a good race for me. I still have a lot of endurance work to do, but yesterday motivated me to really get going on being faster for the next flat course!