Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Had a bad run on Saturday. I know it was primarily because I hadn't eaten enough, but it was cold and I got discouraged and just couldn't keep going. I need to keep at things, though, and remind myself that there will be bad workout days and better workout days and good workout days.

I feel like I'm behind somehow, too, which isn't helping. I feel like I should be a stronger runner than I am yet, and able to go farther than I can at the present time. I am getting worried about being ready for the Riverbank Run in May.

I've also been slacking on the bike workouts. I have another time trial in 2 weeks, and need to get ready for that. It's extra hard this week with a house guest. I don't want to be vanishing and working out when I know my friend is sitting around without me.

Overall, I think my training plan is overly ambitious and I need to scale it back a bit. I also need to get my butt up outta bed in the morning and get to the gym. That way, half my workout is over before I even start my day, and trying to fit everything in won't seem so overwhelming. Now I just need to make it so I don't hit snooze at 4:45 am. Just gotta remind myself how much I want to succeed at this whole race thing this year and not think about how sleepy I am. I'm usually just being more lazy than sleepy anyhow.