Thursday, November 08, 2007

Getting Better

I'm getting better as far as sticking to my training. I finally exercised in the morning today! Went for 35 minutes on my bike on the trainer. Wasn't going very fast, but that's okay. I have to cut myself some slack since I've been off the bike for so long. My butt needs to get used to the saddle again. Last night I went to the gym after work and ran 30 minutes and biked 15. Again, did the "slave to the HR monitor" thing. I felt pretty good, but it started to drift especially in the last 10 minutes. I just have to continue to be patient with this and remind myself that my fitness levels will come back and improve in time. I just have to stay focused on the right goals and not worry about pace/speed on the run at this point. I intended to swim last night, too, but wasn't feeling great on the bike (even cut that short due to not feeling well), and it was getting late and I had some things I needed to get done at home. So, I missed that 800 yard swim workout. I'm not going to try to make it up, I'm just going to accept that I wasn't able to get to it and be okay with it. Goal for tomorrow is to get up early early and run and swim before work. The catch is I want to be into work super early so I can leave work early and head out of town as soon as possible... that mean's getting to the gym super super early!