Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Late Riser

Ok, getting up to exercise in the morning is still not happening. I didn't even bother trying to today. Monday, I made it over to the gym after work and ran 20 minutes (went farther in the same amount of time while keeping my HR in check = improving my fitness!), then swam 400. I really focused on my swim form and felt quite good in the water. I rushed my butt off in "transition" so that I could get the whole thing done (parking, changing, running, changing, swimming, showering, dressing, validating my parking ticket) in under 60 minutes so I wouldn't have to pay to park. I'm cheap, I know. But I made it, with three minutes to spare. Whoo hoo me!

I got my bike set up with the special training tire (that thing is a PAIN to install), so I can ride on the trainer at home. I meant to last night, but was cold and tired and didn't do it. Tonight, I'm going back to the gym to run for 30 minutes, bike for 25 minutes, and swim 800. I will end up paying to park, but it's my punishment for not dragging my booty out of bed and exercising in the morning. My goal is to ride my bike on the trainer tomorrow morning, and then swim and run on Friday morning, since Heath and I are going out of town this weekend and I won't be able to work out after work on Friday. We'll see how well I stick to my goals!