Friday, November 02, 2007

Slow Start

So, yeah. I didn't get any workouts in. I have a million excuses and none of them good enough. I knew it was going to be a challenge to get going again. I'm motivated, but haven't been good about making myself do what I need to do. I brought my gym bag to work with me. I have to make sure I go straight to the gym right after work and get my exercise in. I know I'll feel better if I just go and do it. Once I get into the habit, it will be easier, but I'm having a hard time right now because I've let it slide so much. Fortunately, I'm still in decent shape so it won't be too bad to get back into it. I have to remember how much it will pay off next summer in making me faster and better in my races. I think that if I work hard and stick with the training, I could potentially place in the Time Trial Series that ABD puts on. I was close to doing it last year without having really a clue of what I was doing. This year, I might be in a really good position to place. Most important to me is beating my times from last year. That is a good motivation for me. I'll post an update after I go to the gym tonight!