Monday, February 26, 2007

Before yesterday, I was pretty concerned about my cycling. I'm still nervous about completing the distance for the race, but I'm feeling much better. I spent 1 hr 20 min on my bike indoors on the trainer yesterday. I did my Spinervals DVD, which I really liked. I'll definitely be buying more of them in the future. Even though it was quite a chunk of time, it wasn't horribly painful, despite being on the trainer. My hamstrings started to get a bit tight and my butt started to get sore, but that's to be expected. So basically, I covered not quite half the time I expect to take during the tri. Considering how long I still have to train, I'm confident that I'll be able to cover it. Plus, I'm feeling better about Ireland. I'm going to try to do this DVD a few times a week (three, hopefully) to build up more aerobic base for those long rides. On other days, I'm going to try to incorporate interval workouts to increase my speed. I've got my final indoor time trial on Sunday, and I'm determined to beat my time again.