Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The blizzard-like conditions here led to a cancellation of the group swim practice last night. I'm glad because I wasn't going to go anyhow. Once I got home from work last night, that was it - I wasn't going out again. So tonight (which was originally slated as a rest day) has turned into: doing the circuit that I didn't feel up to on Monday, followed by swimming for 20 min or so. Shouldn't be too bad. I kind of like swimming after doing another workout since then I'm not freezing as I get in the pool. Plus, it's a much more soothing and graceful activity, so while my heart rate is still elevated and I'm getting a good workout, my joints and muscles aren't taking the same pounding they get on the treadmill or straining like they sometimes do when I'm on the bike.

Also, Indoor Time Trial #3 is this weekend. I'm hoping to improve my time from the previous flat course by 45 seconds, which would put me at about 18:30. I think it's very doable - my strength and fitness have improved considerably since the beginning of January. Plus I'll have my tunes, which I know helped a ton on the rolling course a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can con somebody into coming along for moral support (and to hold my backpack while I race.)