Thursday, February 15, 2007

I completely wimped out this morning. I intended to go to the 5:30 am spinning class this morning, then hop in the pool for a bit, but I hit the snooze button and reset my alarm instead. Oh well, it's ok since my body needs a bit of a rest after my circuit from yesterday. That thing usually kicks my butt. I have a late meeting today, so I don't think I'll be able to make my normal 4:30-5:30 class (grr). It really would have been good to get to spin class this week since I've got that race Sunday and the fitter the better.

I found out I'm racing at 9:30 and am next to one of the fastest girls. Awesome. Hopefully I can balance keeping my own pace and being motivated to go faster by being next to her. I'm not sure I could keep up with her, but who knows? My goal would be 18:30 (20.1mph) which is slightly less than a mph faster than my previous races. I'd really like to bump myself up a place or two in the overall standings, and hitting that mark would certainly help. Of course, I can't control how much the other girls ahead of me have been working out or improving. Shoot, I should've gotten up and spun this morning!

Update: Meeting cancelled, I can go to my beloved 4:30 session after all! I'll have to take it sort of easy since my legs are a bit achy from yesterday, but it'll still be a great workout. Pam is the best spin instructor over there. :)