Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The 28th Annual Shamrock Shuffle is coming up on Sunday. It should be a lot of fun. I'm hoping I can run the whole thing. (I'd better be able to!) With 30,000 participants, it is certainly going to be crowded, and I'm guessing it will be at least a mile before it breaks up enough for me to get up to pace, so then it makes it only about 4 miles on pace, which I think is doable. I'm shooting for 10 minute miles, but that may be wishful thinking. I know a few other people running in it, including an old college friend that I haven't seen in years. Hopefully I can find her and at least say "hi" and catch up a little. There is a post-race party that starts at 10am with beer, food, and live music. It should be fun, though I'll definitely be eating something before I start in on any beer!

Thankfully, I was able to con my way ;) into overnight accommodations near the train so I won't have to drive into the city for the race or the expo. That will make things a lot less stressful and more convenient. No worrying about negotiating closed streets or paying for parking. I'll definitely post an update post-race to share how I did.