Thursday, March 08, 2007

A coworker friend and I have started going to the gym at lunchtime on Tuesday and Thursday. It's good to get a break from the monotony of the office and get in a quick workout. We're taking the "six-pack attack class." (Yes, lame name, but it does the job.) I'm anxious to see how my middle looks after a few weeks of this.

Tuesday was a great workout, which I definitely felt, particularly in the upper abs. We did a lot of pilates moves, and it was relatively low key and slowly paced. Today, however, was completely different. We got our butts kicked. As the instructor barked at us and our legs shook, my friend kept looking over at me as if to say "she can't be serious." I will certainly be a sore girl tomorrow. Abs, butt, back, inner and outer thighs, quads, all worked WAY past fatigue. Both our legs felt like jelly walking down the steps in the parking garage afterwards.

But is that enough for me? Nooooo, of course not. I'm heading back to the gym in a little bit to run 2 miles then take my spinning class. I'll sleep well tonight. And hopefully be able to walk tomorrow. Tomorrow will be sort of a recovery day with swimming and a low intensity bike ride.