Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm not a great swimmer by any means, but I think I do alright. I'm getting a little better and a little stronger every time I get into the pool. I've gone three days so far this week, and am planning on getting my fourth swim in tomorrow, hopefully during lunch again, since that seems to work quite well. It seems that no matter how clunky I feel in the water, or how smooth, or how fast I try to go, or how tired I am, my pace is ALWAYS the same. I'm kind of happy that I'm able to maintain, it, but at the same time, it's a bit troubling that it doesn't seem to deviate from 2min/100m AT ALL.

On a related note... I'm no pool etiquette expert, but today at the pool something strange happened. The pool is four lanes. I was the only person in the pool, in one of the outer lanes. Some dude comes into the pool area as I'm just starting my 1 min rest between 200's. As I am standing (clearly visible) at the end of my lane, he gets into the pool. IN MY LANE!! What the heck?!?! I KNOW that can't be proper pool etiquette. So after a period of confusion and a quasi-standoff, I ducked under the lane line thingy into the adjacent lane and resumed swimming. Totally threw me off. What would posses a person to do such a bizarro thing?